So here is the result of 3 months of ridiculously hard work. The costume looks deceptively nice in this photo. The bodice actually sags quite a bit in the chest area and I cry about how ugly my collar looks. Despite being really happy that the costume is done, I've decided to go back and at least fix the bodice and collar. I'm going to open up the neck and shoulder seams and see if I can get rid of some of the excess fabric by taking in those seams and I'm going to re-do the collar entirely. I'll have to readjust the sleeves as well. Still, in a lot of ways this costume turned out pretty well. The wig looks quite nice and Adrien did a fantastic job on the crown and brooch! :3 I'm also quite happy with how I did the sleeves.
Consider this version 1 of the costume. I wasn't really able to get many photos of the costume at AN (or at least flattering non-hallway shots). I'm going to be booking a couple of shoots for Otakuthon in the summer so I'll fix it up with the goal of getting some nice shots of the costume around the pretty scenery in Montreal.
This shot was taken by Pan. It's my favourite photo of the costume that I've found so far because you can't see the flaws as easily. XD
Wig styled with help from
Brooch and Crown by